Fidyah Online Payment
Fasting Qadha’ Guide
The ruling on repaying (qadha’) missed fast in Ramadhan falls under 3 categories:
1. COMPULSORY REPAYMENT (WAJIB QADHA’)
- Those who are ill and whose illness may worsen or the healing process may be delayed if one fasts.
- Those who travelled (musafir) approximately 84km or more.
- Pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding and are worried of their own well-being.
- Those in a state of nifas or haid.
- Those who are too hungry or thirsty to the extent that it may harm one’s self.
- Those whose fast was invalidated by one of the conditions that invalidate fast.
2. COMPULSORY FIDYAH PAYMENT BUT NO NEED TO REPAY FAST (WAJIB FIDYAH)
- Those in a state of critical illness, unable to fast and whose hopes of healing are very slim.
- Those who are very weak and unable to fast due old age.
3. COMPULSORY REPAYMENT AND FIDYAH (WAJIB QADHA’ AND FIDYAH)
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women who are worried of the child’s well-being.
- Those who have not repaid their fast from the previous Ramadhan until the next Ramadhan arrives.
The current rate of Fidyah is SGD 1.40 per day.